The commute down the stairs

(9/14/2006)

Why is it that everyone I talk to says, I could never work from home, I would go crazy? Isnt it a sad day in society when work is your only form of personal interaction. I hear this statement literally everyday from at least one person. Its amazing to me how many people believe this is true. Personally Ive never missed a day of work yet and Ive been working at home for over 4 years. I talk to customers everyday, my employees and of course other business owners. There is never any traffic on my commute to work, I simply walk down the stairs and around the corner and sit down in my office. Think how free and clear our roads would be if no one had to drive to work? Of course that will never happen but its a nice idea. And in regards to having no one to talk to that is of course not true. Because I have my own business I have time to enjoy other things in life. I can meet a friend for lunch. I play in a womens volleyball league and my favorite pastime is paragliding. The feeling of flying through the air with nothing but a parachute over your head and the wind in your face is sadly something that most people will never experience. I for one am hooked. And Ive never met a nicer group of people. In fact from a business standpoint, Ive gotten some of my best ideas from other business owners who were also pilots.